Tuesday 20 March 2012

Second Work Experience

For my second work experience I went to the Preschool in Stewarts Hospital, Palmerstown

For the duration of the week I played with the children and looked after them. I participated in their learning and brought the children out on walks, to the playground and to the Swimming Pool. I helped with art and craft. Every day was different.
I worked from 10:00am to 1:30pm and I got a 45 minute lunch break where I ate in the canteen with some of the staff from the Preschool.
I really loved working here and I learned so much from it. I learned a lot about different conditions and how they are cared for. I participated in the children's "Story Time" and "Circle Time" this is basically their class time, their learning and I found this very interesting. Everybody in the Preschool was so friendly and helpful and so willing to tell me about their job.
From Working in the Preschool I would definitely like to work with those with intellectual Disabilities in the Future.

For anybody interested in Childcare, Nursing or Caring for those with intellectual disabilities this is a great experience and I would really recommend this work experience to future Tys as you really do learn from it and it is very enjoyable. I contacted the head of the Preschool of Stewarts Hospital to get this work experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment