Monday 21 November 2011

Work Experience Day 5

My final Day of work experience was great. I finally got an idea of what it is like to teach a class when the teacher left to do something for a few minutes and put me in charge of helping the class correct their maths homework :)
I also had great fun doing art with the other second class, My little cousin Lily is in this class and she was delighted when her big cousin Alex came in to do art with the class :) 
I was on my own for a good part of the day because I had work to do and the classes were out doing something with another class but I got the work done quick and got to finish my day by watching 2nd classes rehearse for their mass on Sunday. 
On our break we (myself and the other 3 girls on work experience in Scoil Naomh Bríd) went out to the shops across from the school and bought a lovely bunch of flowers for the school's Principal Mrs. Pierce to say thank you for having us.
She was very pleased with our help around the school and said that the teachers did not want us to leave ! 
All in all I really enjoyed working in Scoil Naomh Bríd but I dont think primary teaching is first on my career list anymore ! Its a lot of hard work and Im not sure if I will have the patience but it has showed me that I would like to teach and so Im still thinking of teaching of some sort in the future :) 
Right now, I am really thinking of going to Art college and pursuing the career of a Secondary School Art Teacher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment