Monday 14 November 2011

Work Experience In Scoil Naomh Bríd Day 1:

I was really Nervous and Excited for my first day of work experience and I couldn't wait to go back to my old school again. Oh how it has changed ! There's a completely new part of the building where the office has moved to, most of the teachers I had are gone and there are NO BLACKBOARDS ! Everything is very modern and most classes have electronic boards. The memorys are still there however and I was surprised how easy it was for me to find my way around the place.
I was put into Ms. Boyd's 1st class. Although I would have liked to have more interaction with the children during class time I really enjoyed my first day, This is what I did : 


>Took down some old art work and replaced it with new art work. 
>Sorted the art work into the different childrens art folders.
>Attended the book fair and helped the children read.
>Went for a walk in the village with the two senior infants classes.
>Cut out work sheets.
>Supervised the class for 5 minutes while the teacher was gone.


I ate in the staff room and wandered around the yard for lunch.


It was very easy work and the day went fast but I was tired by the end of the day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment